International Café Hour
Each month, join us for a new International Café Hour at Deet's Place from 4-6 p.m. on selected Fridays once a month, where each Café Hour highlights a different country or region represented by students here at Virginia Tech.
This monthly program brings students, faculty, staff, and community members together over complimentary refreshments, light international food, and conversation. Registered Student Organizations (RSO) at Virginia Tech host each International Café Hour in partnership with Cranwell International Center and Dining Services. Financial support for supplies is provided to each RSO. This program is designed to be both social and educational.
- September 8 - A taste of German Culture, German Culture Club
- October 13 - A taste of Kurdish Culture, Kurdish Student Association at Virginia Tech
- November 3 - A taste of Bolivian Culture, Latino Association of Student Organizations
- January 26 - A taste of Bangladeshi Culture, Association for Bangladeshi Students at Virginia Tech
- February 23 - A taste of Jordanian Culture, Jordanian Student Association
- March 22 - A taste of Korean Culture, Korean Student Association
Are you an RSO interested in hosting an International Café Hour? If so, please contact Fawna Zwart at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for student groups for Fall 2024 (September, October, November) and for Spring 2025 (January, February, March).
- Arabian Peninsula
- Countries of Africa
- Countries of Latin America
- Saudi Arabia