Virginia Tech® home

Resources for Students with Dependents

Your whole world is important to success and well-being at Virginia Tech! Family is welcome at Cranwell-sponsored events.

Bringing a Spouse and/or Child to the U.S.

If you are studying at Virginia Tech on an F-1 or J-1 visa, your spouse and/or child(ren) may apply to obtain a dependent F-2/J-2 visa to join you in the United States. Review information related to the F-2 and J-2 visa categories:

When you're ready, submit the "Add a Dependent" e-form request in the IntlHokies Portal.

Resources for Students with Dependents

The university's Caregiving initiative maintains a list of campus and community Child Care Resources, which is a good place for parents to find information and programs.

The Graduate School at Virginia Tech also maintains a resource page for students with spouses and dependents. There you can find information about caregiving resources as well as community and volunteering opportunities.

Quick Links for Hokie Parents