International Student Advisory Board (ISAB)
The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) represents the needs and interests of the international student community at Virginia Tech by providing a forum for international students to give constructive feedback on initiatives, programs, policies, and services that impact international students.
The Board is composed of 8-10 degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate international students from the Blacksburg campus at Virginia Tech.
Board members are required to serve for one academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). The term is renewable for up to 3 years based on the needs of the Board and the consent of the student.
Board members are responsible for:
- Attending all ISAB meetings during Fall and Spring semesters.
(NOTE: Meetings usually last 90 minutes, 3-5 times a semester.)
- Completing ISAB projects that may require time outside of meetings.
Undergraduate and graduate international students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to serve on the ISAB:
- Must be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate international student on F/J visa status.
- Must be enrolled on the Blacksburg campus at Virginia Tech.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (graduate) or 2.75 (undergraduate).