Virtual and In-person Programs
- Cook Counseling Center / Cranwell International Center Virtual Drop-in Office Hours. This is an opportunity to meet with a counselor and learn about mental health services, but it is not a therapy group. It does not constitute or substitute mental health treatment. Registration is required. | Wednesdays from 3-5 p.m. | Learn more and sign up
- Global Connect: Cook Counseling Center facilitates this support group (currently virtual) for Hokie international students. It is a caring community open to both undergraduate and graduate students. | Dates: October 6, October 20, November 3, November 17, December 1. | Time: 3-4:30 PM | Sign Up
- October Virtual Program: De-stress Workshop (virtual): in collaboration with Cook Counseling Center – this workshop will provide you with some tips on stress management, and you will learn about the new services at Cook Counseling Center | October 13, 5-6 p.m. | Sign Up
- October Virtual Program: Career Networking for International Students presented in collboration with the Pamplin International Programs Office and the College of Engineering International Programs Office - Join this workshop to explore the importance and advantages of networking as well as the challenges and the skills required to be successful in building a network. | Oct. 28, Noon to 1 p.m. | Click to join
- October Cultural Event: International Café Hour featuring Israel (physical and virtual) in collaboration with Friends of Israel at Virginia Tech - this event will celebrate the culture of Israel. Dining Services will provide food and beverage samples, and students can engage with each other virtually on the Mozilla Hub platform. Space is limited. October 16, 4-6 PM | Sign Up
- October Immigration Services Programs (virtual): OPT Workshops learn about the regulations and procedures for optional practical training (OPT).
- October Student Life Event: International Trick or Treat- Taste candy from other countries, and learn about different ways of celebrating Halloween. Oct. 30, 1-3 PM | Sign up
- November Virtual Program: Preparing for Online Exams (virtual), in collaboration with The Student Success Center - the Student Success Center will present tips and strategies to help you feel prepared for online finals. | date, time, and sign up information coming up soon!
- OPT Workshop (virtual): November 5, 5-6 PM | Sign Up
- November Cultural Event: International Café Hour featuring Iran (physical and virtual) in collaboration with the Iranian Student Society at Virginia Tech - this event will celebrate the culture of Iran. Dining Services will provide food and beverage samples, and students can engage with each other virtually on the Mozilla Hub platform. Space is limited. November 6, 4-6 PM | Sign Up
- November Student Life Event: Snow Globe Day- Make your own snow globe, and learn about the history of these ornaments. Nov. 13, 1-4 PM| Sign up
- September Virtual Program: Outdoor Activity and Safety Workshop (virtual): in collaboration with Venture Out – this workshop will introduce you to where to go to get the fullest experience of the beautiful SW VA area, and how to safely do so. | September 9, 7-8 PM | See the slides from the workshop here
- September Cultural Event: International Café Hour featuring China (physical and virtual) in collaboration with The Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Virginia Tech - this event will celebrate Chinese culture. Dining Services will provide food and beverage samples, and students can engage with each other virtually on the Mozilla Hub platform. Space is limited. September 18, 4-6 PM | Sign up here!
- September Immigration Services Programs:
- OPT Workshops (virtual): Learn about the process and requirements for applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- H-1 B Workshop (virtual): Learn about H-1B work visa and employment-based permanent residency options at this workshop presented by immigration attorneys. Registration is required.
- Sept. 22, 5-6:30 p.m. - Sign Up
Resources on mental health, financial wellness, and social connectedness.
Tips for academic success in an online environment.
Virtual activities and ideas for how to stay engaged with student organizations.