Ut Prosim with a Global Spin!
The Global Ambassadors program is an exciting and engaging leadership development program designed for current Virginia Tech students seeking to develop their global leadership skills. Global Ambassadors are charged with welcoming new international students to the Virginia Tech community and continuing meaningful interactions with students and the community throughout the academic year. We encourage returning study abroad students, students who have a strong interest in learning about the world, and currently enrolled international students to apply for this rewarding volunteer opportunity. This is a great way to engage in the university motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), and gain invaluable leadership and intercultural experience for the future.
Please Note: Applications for 2017-2018 are now CLOSED.
- Participate in an over-night retreat featuring team building initiatives, cross-cultural communication exercises, and leadership skills development
- Serve as International Orientation Leader in August 2017 and January 2018
- Staff the GobblerFest booth September 8, 2017
- Be available as a support and resource for students throughout their first year to help them transition to their new learning environment
- Participate in campus and community outreach projects during the academic year serving as an ambassador for the international population and representing Cranwell International Center (Ex: Gobblerfest, tailgates, International Week)
- Assist in the recruitment of the following year's Global Ambassadors
- Attend program meetings to receive ongoing cross-cultural and leadership training
Any currently enrolled Virginia Tech student (undergraduate, graduate, domestic, or international) who can demonstrate the following, may apply to be a global ambassador:
- Enrollment at Virginia Tech for at least one semester
- Good standing with academic and student conduct records
- Availability to participate in the program from August 2016 through May 2017, including the required training meetings in Spring 2016 and retreat from August 8, 2016 - August 10, 2016.
- A strong desire to help welcome international students from all over the world to the Virginia Tech community
- Interest in and commitment to helping new international students adjust successfully to life at Virginia Tech and in the U.S.
- Dedication to developing intercultural awareness and sensitivity on campus and in the local community
- Submit an application by Friday, February 10th at 5:00 pm on GobblerConnect.
- One reference form must be completed by a Virginia Tech Faculty or Staff member and submitted by Friday, February 10th at 5:00 pm here
- Online applications cannot be saved and therefore must be completed during one session
- Note: You will need to sign in to or create your GobblerConnect account to access the application.
Questions? Contact the Cranwell International Center.